The active ingredient in Aller-Tec® is Cetirizine Hydrochloride, 10 mg, an antihistamine approved for the treatment of both indoor and outdoor allergy symptoms. One dose of Aller-Tec® works for a full 24 hours.
Aller-Tec® is approved to temporarily relieve indoor and outdoor allergy symptoms in adults and children 6 years and over.
- Compare to Zyrtec® active ingredient
- All-Day allergy relief
- Original prescription strength
- For indoor and outdoor allergies
- 24-hour relief of: sneezing; runny nose; itchy, watery eyes; itchy throat or nose
An allergy is a sensitivity to a substance that is normally harmless. Flowers, trees, a family pet, or dust are examples of things that can cause an allergy. Even foods like peanut butter, fish, and milk can cause an allergic reaction to people with sensitivities to them. A substance that triggers an allergy is called an allergen.
People can have different reactions to allergens, even when they are allergic to the same things. In rare cases, allergens can cause a severe reaction called anaphylaxis that can result in shock and can even be life-threatening. Allergens most likely to cause this dangerous response include some foods (such as peanuts and shellfish), drugs, insect stings, and latex. The reaction may begin almost immediately after contact with the substance.
Some common reactions a person might experience after contact with an allergen include:
- hay fever
- upset stomach
- eczema (a skin disease)
- itching of the roof of the mouth
- itchy ears, nose, and throat
If you are allergic to a certain food or to a pet, total avoidance is the best strategy. Unfortunately, many allergens are not easy to eliminate. Dust mites, pet dander, and mold are some common indoor allergens, and even if you keep your house immaculately clean, tiny particles of these substances are likely to remain. They can get into furniture, bedding, and soft toys. Here are some tips that can help you keep your house allergy-safe:
- Limit the number of carpets in your home. It is easier to remove allergens from smooth, hard floors such as tile or wood.
- Keep out of your basement. Most basements are damp, which encourages mold growth. A dehumidifier may help as well.
- Enclose your mattress in a vinyl cover to protect against dust mites.
- Remove all cloth drapes or curtains from your bedroom and replace with blinds.
- Wash bed linens and pillows in water hotter than 130° F to kill dust mites.
- Use an air purifier with a HEPA (high-efficiency particulate-arresting) filter to minimize the allergens floating in the air.
When you choose to purchase Kirkland Signature medications for your household, you can do so with complete confidence. All of Costco’s Kirkland Signature over-the-counter medications are the generic version of their national brand counterparts. Kirkland Signature Brand products are subject to the same manufacturing standards mandated by the FDA, just like the leading national brands. Kirkland Signature OTC items work as well as the national brands and our products also deliver significant value and savings.